Tuesday, September 25, 2012

10 Things I will tell my kids tonight or in the morning!

When I tuck my kids in bed at night and have time to reflect on the day there are always things I should of said.  There are things I would have done differently.  There are things I shouldn't have done or said.  So, here are a list of things I am thinking about tonight.  And, in the morning we will talk!

1.  Your body is amazing.  It is the body Heavenly Father made just for you.  No one has a body like you, no one ever will.  It moves, breathes, runs, jumps, sleeps, sweats, and even heals itself.  It is amazing.  You should take really really good care of it.  You should keep it clean.  You are the only one who can truly take care of yourself.  So please take care of yourself.  Please, please take care of yourself!!

2.  It's ok to have an opinion.  You are 9, 7 almost  8, and 4.  You are smart.  You have feelings and it is ok to have an opinion.  You have been given agency to think and feel.  Use those thoughts and feelings to create an opinion.  Don't be afraid of your opinion or sharing it.

3.  Don't be afraid to try new things.  We live in this incredible exciting world.  Don't let it pass you by.  Try new things, even if they seem scary.  Don't let your fears hold you back.  Live... for heavens sake... Live!

4.  Don't stop learning.  I hope you all go to college and have great educations, but don't stop there.  Read books, go places, ask questions.  Don't ever stop learning.

5.  If someone is mean or hurts you, it's probably because they are sad and hurting themselves.  Don't let someone else drag you down or make you feel bad.  You need to try to forgive and move on.

6.  Do nice things for others.  We were put on this earth to love and help others.  That is one of our baptismal covenants to help those who stand in need of help.  Serve others and you will find true happiness. 

7.  Don't grow up too fast.  Enjoy the moment!  Hold hands with your friends and skip to recess.  Don't be afraid to still want to cuddle or play with your legos. 

8.  Enjoy the beauty of the world around you.  We live in this amazing world.  Breath the fresh air.  Look at the leaves as they are changing colors.  Smell the flowers.   Watch a potato bug roll up as you try to hold it.  Look at the world and know how lucky we are to be here.

9.  Know that there is a God and that he loves you.  He knows you.  He knows your thoughts and feelings.  If you are struggling and need help all you have to do is get on your knees.  Talk with him, share with him.  He is ALWAYS there and you are NEVER alone.

10.  Never doubt my love for you.  It is complete and unconditional.  You can never make me not love you.  I love your eyes and smiles.  I love every knuckle on you finger.  I love your toe nails and you little chubby hands.  I love you!  I love all of you.  I am so humble to be able to be your earth mother.  I find complete happiness in being with you and knowing that you are mine FOREVER!  I want you to know that I will always be your mom and nothing will ever change that.  NOTHING!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this! Thank you. I may just borrow it for myself and kids. :)

    ReplyDelete