When I tuck my kids in bed at night and have time to reflect on the day there are always things I should of said. There are things I would have done differently. There are things I shouldn't have done or said. So, here are a list of things I am thinking about tonight. And, in the morning we will talk!
1. Your body is amazing. It is the body Heavenly Father made just for you. No one has a body like you, no one ever will. It moves, breathes, runs, jumps, sleeps, sweats, and even heals itself. It is amazing. You should take really really good care of it. You should keep it clean. You are the only one who can truly take care of yourself. So please take care of yourself. Please, please take care of yourself!!
2. It's ok to have an opinion. You are 9, 7 almost 8, and 4. You are smart. You have feelings and it is ok to have an opinion. You have been given agency to think and feel. Use those thoughts and feelings to create an opinion. Don't be afraid of your opinion or sharing it.
3. Don't be afraid to try new things. We live in this incredible exciting world. Don't let it pass you by. Try new things, even if they seem scary. Don't let your fears hold you back. Live... for heavens sake... Live!
4. Don't stop learning. I hope you all go to college and have great educations, but don't stop there. Read books, go places, ask questions. Don't ever stop learning.
5. If someone is mean or hurts you, it's probably because they are sad and hurting themselves. Don't let someone else drag you down or make you feel bad. You need to try to forgive and move on.
6. Do nice things for others. We were put on this earth to love and help others. That is one of our baptismal covenants to help those who stand in need of help. Serve others and you will find true happiness.
7. Don't grow up too fast. Enjoy the moment! Hold hands with your friends and skip to recess. Don't be afraid to still want to cuddle or play with your legos.
8. Enjoy the beauty of the world around you. We live in this amazing world. Breath the fresh air. Look at the leaves as they are changing colors. Smell the flowers. Watch a potato bug roll up as you try to hold it. Look at the world and know how lucky we are to be here.
9. Know that there is a God and that he loves you. He knows you. He knows your thoughts and feelings. If you are struggling and need help all you have to do is get on your knees. Talk with him, share with him. He is ALWAYS there and you are NEVER alone.
10. Never doubt my love for you. It is complete and unconditional. You can never make me not love you. I love your eyes and smiles. I love every knuckle on you finger. I love your toe nails and you little chubby hands. I love you! I love all of you. I am so humble to be able to be your earth mother. I find complete happiness in being with you and knowing that you are mine FOREVER! I want you to know that I will always be your mom and nothing will ever change that. NOTHING!
Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Kids are definately individuals. Sami was excited and so so so happy about school starting. Alex was totally on the fence about it. Sami tried on 3 or 4 outfits and then went with something she has worn already this summer, but knew was a great outfit. Alex could of cared less. He came up stairs with his shirt on inside out. The night before she giggled and set her alarm. As I tucked Alex in bed, he asked what second grade was like? Would his teacher be nice? Would he know anyone in his class? I was so honored to be the one to have this talk with him, to be able to reassure him and comfort him. It is now the second week of school and they both are really enjoying it and hopefully learning something....
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
We have had a great summer. Here are some random shots of our crazy fun summer. Chad quit his job in the middle of June so we have been able to spend some good quality family time together. We probably won't have another summer like this, with him around. My friends and I do this thing called Adventure Wednesday. We take our kids on an adventure every Wednesday. It has been so much fun. We have gone to Bear Lake and Colorado. We have been to parades and bbq's. We have been swimming and hiking. We went up to Snowbird and spent an afternoon. We have watched movies and had great naps. We read books and ate chocolate. This had been a great summer. I am so grateful for such a good husband, great family and even better friends.... Here is to the end of summer --
|Adventure Wednesday.. Kate,Sami, Sydney, Lauren|
|Adventure Wed. Ethan, Alex, Hunter|
|Adventure Wed. Zach and Lauryn|
|Lauren and Sami|
|Parade...Alex, Ethan and Lincoln|
|Bear River in Bennington|
|Liberty Park - Sydney, Sami, Alex, Zach, and Lauren|
|Rec center - Peter, Alex, Zach|
|24th of July Parade- Grace, Sydney,Kate, Sami, Mason|
|Bennington, Zach got stung by a bee!!!|
Tuesday, September 11, 2012
|These two little cheese balls stayed up and watched movies and then would fall asleep together. It was so sweet.|
|Sami loved having Addy and London to boss around and play with. They spent every second together! We are lucky to have such great cousins...|
|We found a neat little park and hung out one afternoon. The kids could not get enough of the merry go round. I was happy to actually see a merry go round. All in all we had a great trip.|
|Here are the girls looking at the fossils....|
|I think Dar and Chad had a great time together. Chad is always cracking jokes and thinks he is funny. Apparently, Johnny thought he was funny, also!|
|Girls at the botanical garden!|
|Here are Sami and Addy, walking and talking...|
|After a full day of swimming we went out for pizza. It was delicious... The kids were ravenous. We didn't order enough pizza so we went back to the condo and ate Trix cereal. ya gotta love the good 'ole stand bys...|
|That evening we went up to the ski resort and walked around. They had this small creek with big stepping stones everywhere. The kids loved it and by the time we got in the truck to go home they were all soaking wet.|
|Here are London and Zach. They were little buddies on this trip. They had all kinds of these little posters up at the ski resort and don't think we didn't take advantage... too bad Zach deleted most of my pictures...|
|Just another shot of the kids at the resort that evening. The air was so refreshing and cool. There weren't very many people around and we were on an adventure, checking things out and exploring... It was fun!|
|Here are all the cousins studying their maps and figuring out where they want to go!|
|Christmas picture- yes, no? Family photo!|
|Chad and I hardly ever have our picture taken together. So when I saw this one I snatched it right up. He is in his usual "picture" pose and I am wearing a silly hat. We like to keep things real.|
|They love to pose... Notice the map... It was one of the highlights of the trip!!|