Friday, June 15, 2012

Sami's first 5K....

I am sure that the month of May is way busier than December.  I would love to write up a little blurb about all the fun things that happened in May, but I am already behind so I think I will do a quick version. 

                                             Girls on the Run, 5K!


Megan, one of our running buddies and Sami and I at the end of the race!

I look like I am in a parade and doing a "royalty wave".  Sami looks like she is about to have a stroke, but she did great.  This was just a funny shot!

Wahoo, all done.  I am so proud of her...

Sami did a program through the school called "Girls on the Run."  After school two days a week they trained for a 5K.  Also, they talked about their bodies and eating healthy and being happy with who they are.  It was a fabulous program.  At the end of the program, we ran a 5K together.  It was at Sugarhouse park.  It was a really fun event.  There was music and booths and lots of people cheering us on.  Sami didn't walk at all and I think she loved her first 5K.  It was a great thing for her and I to do together....

No comments:

Post a Comment