Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stretching

So, do you ever wonder about relationships and how it is all suppose to work.  I have this great life and these great kids and this great husband. But let me tell you, today was a hard day.  I have the privilege of raising these amazing little people.  They are mine.  They trust me and love me unconditionally.  They need me, they hug me, they cry for me, and usually I am the only person that can fill 98% of their needs.  It is so overwhelming and draining some days!  Don't get me wrong it is all good, but so hard some days!  I feel like I have thrown my whole heart and my entire soul into my family.  That is what you do when you are a mom and love someone more than life itself.  Yet, sometimes I hope I am up to giving these little people all the love and training they need.  I so don't want to let them down.  I feel like sometimes I have given all I can give and have done all I can do and still they are the ones coming out on the short end of the stick.  It is the same with relationships with spouses and parents and people you love so much.  I always feel like there is so much more to give and do and sometimes I am just too tired.  I am tired of letting people down and tired of not doing everything 100%.  I feel like my most personal and close relationships are stretching me.  Which is hard, it is good and it will make me a better person.  Sometimes though, I am tired of being stretched and I just want to feel like I really do give someone I love ALL that they need. 





It makes me want to re-evaluate my life and my priorities.  Is it really important that the top of my fridge is clean or that there isn't dust on my shelves.  It is so important for me to do all I can for others and especially my little family.  So here's to stretching and growing and learning together... Here's to giving and helping and sharing... and most of all here's to forgiving and being forgiven and loving not matter what....

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! You are such a fantastic writer. YOu always say how bad you are at all of this.. and you're SO GOOD at it. One of the best I know. I am so lucky to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel, you are the best mom in the world! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete