Thursday, February 24, 2011

NBA

Why is it that I love the NBA???  Is it that we watch Jazz games as a family?  Do I associate the NBA with memories of my childhood and watching games with my parents?  Is is the thrill of seeing new tattoos and hearing foul language?  Is it the sure rush I feel after a team comes back and wins a game in the last tenth of a second?  Is it eye candy?   Do I like to see confidence and arrogance?  I am not sure, but I can tell you this.  I feel like I know these players personally, like they are my friends.  I feel attached to them in some weird way!  I am disappointed when they lose and elated when they win.  I feel sad when they cheat on their wives or when their kids have eye cancer.  I think I want them as athletes to really be superheroes and they are not.  I watch them and bond with them and feel a real connection to them.  So I have to say that I am sad that the Jazz traded Deron Williams and feel like I have lost a dear friend......

1 comment: